SAW wants the city to come alive with artworks, dispersed throughout the streets, creating a public art walk for all to enjoy, locals and tourists.
Our main goal is to bring back a sense of pride within our streets, while showcasing artistic talent.
|Morgan Street Mural by Alex Ball & Ben Foster|
To download the EOI form CLICK HERE. Expressions of interest due Monday 21st March by 5pm. Email to Simone at email@example.com
Here's all the information.
Project Brief: The Octapod Association and Street Art Walking (SAW) have been given the opportunity to curate a new project, featuring two large public art walls. We are calling for artists to send Expressions of Interest from individuals or artists collectives to create a positive public artwork around the local Renew Newcastle artist-run space ARThive. This is an exciting chance for you to expose your work to a large number of people in the arts (and wider) community. We want artworks’ that life the profile of the public space with bright and positive imagery for all to enjoy.
Materials: Artworks are to be made for temporary installation and artists will need to specify exactly what materials they will use to create the artwork. So far, we have worked with outdoor house paint and good quality aerosol paints.
Location: ARThive Wall A) Main Wall (facing Morgan Street) – Entrance to 111 Hunter Street Wall B) Back Wall (facing Renew Newcastle HQ and King Street)
Wall A) Dimensions: 6.66m wide x 3.2m high EXCLUDING: The ARThive notice board is 1.83m wide x 1.23m high
This space is to be left free from the project, as it is an ARThive promotional tool and space for exhibiting artists. We would like artists to propose a design that incorporates this negative rectangle space, considering the fact that the ARThive notice board will change in design often.
Wall B) Dimensions: 3.5m wide x 5m high This wall is facing Renew Newcastle HQ and King Street
Although we have divided the project into two parts, both walls can be painted as one large project. Please specify which walls you want to work with in your EOI. Artists must design full colour designs for us to picture the artworks on the building.
1. Proposals Open Friday 4th March
2. Applications for EOIs close 21st March
3. Artist chosen by Monday 23rd March
4. Work to be completed by Thursday 31st March
5. Launch on Friday 1st April
Artists are required to send EOIs with the following information included:
1. Proposal Brief – A minimum of 250 words explain your idea for either; Wall A or Wall B (or both). Artists are asked to be specific as you can to describe the scale, size and concept behind the artwork. Tell us what colours you will use and the process involved.
2. Support images – Designs and sketches of your proposal for this project.
3. Artist CV – Something that shows us what you have done in the past.
4. Photographs – Example of previous street art works or large scale commissions.
5. Artist budget for this project – How much will you need to cover materials, artistic labour and any other costs like safety equipment? Be as specific as you can in your budget. DOWNLOAD AN EXAMPLE BUDGET HERE.
TO DOWNLOAD THIS INFORMATION AS A PDF, CLICK HERE.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST DUE MONDAY 21st MARCH BY 5pm
EMAIL EOIs to Simone at firstname.lastname@example.org